Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Astros Process: Opening Day Roster

I've tried to recreate the Opening Day 40 man roster, as for some reason it only had 31 players on it to start things out. Unfortunately that means I, too, am stuck with Lucas Harrell. For now (cue ominous laugh/music).

Since I'm the one in charge here, Springer Day is Opening Day. Other than that, I think I'll leave the 25 man alone right now. Bo and I sit down to discuss the rotation, depth chart, and lineups. I'm not really wanting to start Harrell in the rotation after his horrid 2013 season, but Bo says to give him one more shot. I acquiesce, but let Bo know that Lucas is on a very short leash.

With Crain starting the season on the disabled list, Bo says he wants to go with a duo of Chad Qualls and Kevin Chapman (remember, in the OOTP universe, Chapman hasn't imploded yet) depending on the matchups, but he'll probably lean on Qualls more.

For the lineup:
CF - Fowler
2B - Altuve
C - Castro
DH - Carter
3B - Dominguez
1B - Krauss (vs R)/RF - Springer (vs L)
RF - Springer (vs R)/1B - Guzman (vs L)
LF - Grossman
SS - Villar

Hoes will be the 4th OF, covering all three positions. Guzman will spend a little time at LF, RF, and 3B. Marwin will back up 2B and SS, with a little time at CF. Finally, Corp is our C2.

Heading into Opening Day, Jim Crane lets me know that he's "evaluated several factors" and that he has no expectations for the season, I can do whatever I want. Awesome.

OOTP predicts this squad will finish 5th in the AL West (shocking) with a 71-91 record. We have the 7th best minor league system, though, highlighted by Correa as the 8th best prospect, Springer at 24th, Folty at 29th, Michael Feliz at 64th, and Domingo Santana at 95th. Curiously missing are Mark Appel and Jon Singleton.

That's all for tonight. Next time we'll get the season started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OOTP Baseball 15 Purchase Link

Get your copy of the best baseball sim on the market! Check out my review here.

Buy OOTP Baseball 15 PC & Mac

Thanks for reading

Feel free to leave a comment!