Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Astros Process

Being the diehard Astros fan that I am, I'll start my first sim with a pretty standard setup, taking over the Astros at the beginning of the 2014 season. True to "The Process" my main philosophy will be to continue building through the minors, supplementing here and there with modestly priced veterans. I did this a couple times already as I worked through my review, and it seems to work, so here's hoping.

Let me list a few small tweaks to the default settings before we get started. First, I can't be fired. I know the first year or two are going to be rough with the Astros and I don't want to get booted before things get rolling. Otherwise, I may be tempted to make moves that are good for the short-term, but don't follow "The Process."

Next, I delegate a few duties. I'll let the minor league managers decide when my PreStros are ready for promotion or demotion and set their rotations and lineups. I'll also let Bo Porter have complete control over his personnel (which also means the minor league coaches).

I've noticed that OOTP can be a little trade happy for my liking, so I'm setting the AI trade frequency from normal to low.

Other than that, we're running this sim straight out of the box. Next time around we'll look at how the team shapes up heading into the regular season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OOTP Baseball 15 Purchase Link

Get your copy of the best baseball sim on the market! Check out my review here.

Buy OOTP Baseball 15 PC & Mac

Thanks for reading

Feel free to leave a comment!